Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR any good visual novels?

rhodie

rhodie

aldebaran mystery
-
I prefer the ones that are more vanilla and about dating, I don't like the wacky ones with supernatural shit

Like romance type?

I just started playing Katawa Shoujo as my first VN and I'm afraid I'm going to get jealous of the MC. I don't think I'm able to self-insert into characters.

I played a lot of them and only really enjoyed True Love and Unteralterbach.

Girlfriend of Steel was ok but it's not really a VN I think, also too short.

I used to enjoy Katawa Shoujo but when I tried to play it again after the blackpill I didn't enjoy it nearly as much. Kenji is an obvious mocking of the typical blackpilled incel, Hisao is an obnoxious normgroid who really got in the way of me trying to immerse in the storyline and I found out most of the writers are things like liberal male feminists (Emi), militant atheists (Hanako), etc, which really shows in the writing if you pay attention. Lilly's writer is the only one who seems to have a decent personality and worldview.

The best thing about KS is its OST.

Also, just the fact it's written from a western perspective per se kinda ruins it, modern western culture is utter shit. The biggest selling point of Japanese media, even though the vast majority of it is bad, is that their culture was not completely demolished by feminism and woke garbage.

Last edited:
White Album 2 if you want romance drama, Hoshizora no Memoria if you want comfy romance. Also Princess Evangile for the same. Grisaia no Kajitsu if you want romance but MC is a CIA glowchad, it's surprisingly funny

I used to enjoy Katawa Shoujo but when I tried to play it again after the blackpill I didn't enjoy it nearly as much. Kenji is an obvious mocking of the typical blackpilled incel, Hisao is an obnoxious normgroid who really got in the way of me trying to immerse in the storyline and I found out most of the writers are things like liberal male feminists (Emi), militant atheists (Hanako), etc, which really shows in the writing if you pay attention. Lilly's writer is the only one who seems to have a decent personality and worldview.

Also, just the fact it's written from a western perspective per se kinda ruins it, modern western culture is utter shit. The biggest selling point of Japanese media, even though the vast majority of it is bad, is that their culture was not completely demolished by feminism and woke garbage.
I used to go to 4chan's /vn/ general back in the day and you would get called a faggot for mentioning liking Katawa Shoujo as, primarily, it was not made by the Japanese, and these exact facts you've mentioned. They'd call it Kusoge Shoujo. It's a shame, it was what got me into visual novels. Shizune was tolerable too, from what I remember. All in all, Unteralterbach is the only Western VN I'd give a pass

I used to go to 4chan's /vn/ general back in the day and you would get called a faggot for mentioning liking Katawa Shoujo as, primarily, it was not made by the Japanese, and these exact facts you've mentioned. They'd call it Kusoge Shoujo.
I used to think Katawa Shoujo was hated simply for having gotten too much fame and popularizing visual novels, which were previously an obscure niche thing. But after doing my research about it, I see there was way more behind such resentment.

It's a shame, it was what got me into visual novels.
My first VN was actually True Love as a teen, but Katawa Shoujo was the one which really kindled my interest for VNs.

Shizune was tolerable too, from what I remember.
Shizune's route is just bland. Nothing really happens other than the
possibility of cheating on her with Misha thing towards the end.
It barely has choices, it's almost a kinetic novel.

Lilly's route is the best one overall, which isn't really a surprise considering the aforementioned fact about the writers.

Emi's route managed to stir a lot of feels in me during the early to mid parts, but then she starts being the typical western slut and Hisao is particularly unlikeable in this one as well.

Rin's route is, in my opinion, a unnecessarily long and failed attempt at something 2deep4you. The only good thing about her route was the scenery.

Hanako's route wasn't that bad tbh, but it reminded me of the anime Anohana; the author tries too hard to make you feel sad and emotional and it ends up not working really well.

All in all, Unteralterbach is the only Western VN I'd give a pass
Absolutely. Unteralterbach is funny as shit and manages to deliver an amazing combo of well-though criticism towards modern western society. I disliked the excess of puzzles and violent themes though, it would have been better if it was more lighthearted.

Shizune's route is just bland. Nothing really happens other than the
possibility of cheating on her with Misha thing towards the end.
It barely has choices, it's almost a kinetic novel.
I liked that about it, though. It was a comfy read. I especially liked when Hisao visited Shizune's family. It didn't say a lot, but I thought it was cute.
Rin's route is, in my opinion, a unnecessarily long and failed attempt at something 2deep4you. The only good thing about her route was the scenery.
I agree. I liked Rin as a character, but her route ended up feeling quite empty. It's like they tried to be vague in purpose to get the reader thinking, but it just felt like a random series of events with Rin being autistic and Misao being unusually attached.
I think that Narcissu did the whole theme of illness better. You kinda forget it's even a thing when you're reading KS