Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Any experienced runners here?

nice_try

nice_try

Chad always wins
★★★★★
I started running 3 weeks ago.
I already ran 10-14 times, but my left shin always starts to get tense and to hurt like a bitch after just a mile or so. My right one is perfectly fine.
Is this normal? Will this ever go away?
I already heard about shin splints, but as far as I understood it, shin splints would hurt quite a while after the run. For me, it's like muscle pain, it comes quickly and it goes quickly.
I mean .... it gets slightly better each time, but only so slightly, it would take me a whole year of running just to get pain free .... is this normal?

Inb4: I got proper running shoes from a proper runners shop.

If you were sedentary then you will feel pain in legs and feets after running for a while. As you train you will eventually gonna feel less and less pain until the point where you can actually tire yourself out before your legs give out. Just keep pushing but don't go too far to risk injuries.
Also you should ask for a x-ray on your legs to see if you have any dysmetry. Even a 0.3mm of difference could cause long term injuries on your knees.

i used to run on the treadmill 12 km daily with socks in a room without fresh air. Running outside and with shoes is too easy :feelsjuice: Buy a good one :feelsYall:

Not mine i was designed to run

If you were sedentary then you will feel pain in legs and feets after running for a while. As you train you will eventually gonna feel less and less pain until the point where you can actually tire yourself out before your legs give out. Just keep pushing but don't go too far to risk injuries.
Also you should ask for a x-ray on your legs to see if you have any dysmetry. Even a 0.3mm of difference could cause long term injuries on your knees.
Ok thanks already, but how long is "a while"?
It's been 3 weeks of running already and it's only getting better in micro steps.
I need a rough estimate on when the shin pain should go away so I can know if it'S normal or if I should see a doctor...

not sure, but if u are an old man with weak bones it could be simple stress fracturing, maybe try running on grass.

Do some breathing exercises
Massage your legs
Take vitamin c pill and lemon with honey
Hydrate good (over 2 liters)
Stop smoking
You can train your legs at the gym before running also

Ok thanks already, but how long is "a while"?
It's been 3 weeks of running already and it's only getting better in micro steps.
I need a rough estimate on when the shin pain should go away so I can know if it'S normal or if I should see a doctor...
See a doctor better
But i think most likely you are just unexperienced with running and have had a sedentary lifestyle before running

Well, I run all the time.
Various leg pains are common when first beginning.
As long as it’s not getting worse, I wouldn’t worry about it.
Try running 3 days a week, with a day off between runs. It can take 3 or 4 months before the body adjusts to running frequently.
Those runners who run every day have built up to that level over a long time.
If the pain gets worse, see a doctor.

Running seems like a good way to put unnecessary wear and tear on your body

Running seems like a good way to put unnecessary wear and tear on your body
:feelstastyman:

Not putting wear and tear on your body leads to its' decay.
The body is a regenerative system that needs to be torn down so it can rebuild itself.

Muscle is built after tearing it down first.
Endurance is built after draining all your energy first.
Cardiovascular strenth is built by stressing the system.
Bone density is built after micro-fractures happened.

Last edited:
I started running 3 weeks ago.
I already ran 10-14 times, but my left shin always starts to get tense and to hurt like a bitch after just a mile or so. My right one is perfectly fine.
Is this normal? Will this ever go away?
I already heard about shin splints, but as far as I understood it, shin splints would hurt quite a while after the run. For me, it's like muscle pain, it comes quickly and it goes quickly.
I mean .... it gets slightly better each time, but only so slightly, it would take me a whole year of running just to get pain free .... is this normal?

Inb4: I got proper running shoes from a proper runners shop.
Did you do it in a row? Better to start off running 3x a week like M, W, F. I got that when I was doing sprints every day from long inactivity.

:feelstastyman:

Not putting wear and tear on your body leads to its' decay.
The body is a regenerative system that needs to be torn down so it can rebuild itself.

Muscle is built after tearing it down first.
Endurance is built after draining all your energy first.
Cardiovascular strenth is built by stressing the system.
Bone density is built after micro-fractures happened.
Interesting

Well I’m in good enough shape despite being a ldar er

I do walk long distances a lot though due to taking public transit

Did you do it in a row? Better to start off running 3x a week like M, W, F. I got that when I was doing sprints every day from long inactivity.
No, every second or third day. I mean, I'll just keep going an see if it gets better eventually.

Are you properly stretching before hand?

I'd take a break for a couple of weeks at least. Probably you'd need even more time but maybe you could test it then and if you feel it again you should stop the run instantly. I had shin splints when I started years ago but not these days. Probably you went in too hard.

Yes, I love to run.

Challenge yourself by running up hills for at least an hour. Also, make sure to rest a few days between sessions, because running is hard on your knees.

baby elephant running GIF

You need to stretch and it takes time. More so if you did not do anything before hand. I'm running 2 times a week and it was a bitch at first, now it's beareable

No but I do calisthenics

yeah i run a lot. I like how i feel after a run, nice and calm