Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Any evidence a 'god' exists?

QuantumDummy

QuantumDummy

solum
★★★★
My mind won't allow me to believe in a god. Do any of you believe in one? What's your best evidence?

I think the fact that Jesus's existence and miracles are documented not only by Christians, but by Jews, Muslims, and even Pagans. How do you explain that?

I don't think so, but it seems this creation can't from nothingness though.

ItheIthe said:
I think the fact that Jesus's existence and miracles are documented not only by Christians, but by Jews, Muslims, and even Pagans. How do you explain that?

I believe in him and I know hes real. Mom took me to a bible study. Preacher was calling out names, called out mine and other people who had never seen him before nor had he ever seen them and prayed over us. Mom took me to another bible study. Priest was knocking out people by putting his hand in their face like the force. He put his hand over their heads and they started speaking in tongues, or whatever the hell language they were speaking in, they didn't know it beforehand.

idkwattodowithlife said:
I don't think so, but it seems this creation can't from nothingness though.

Why not? There are lots of things in the universe that humans don't understand yet. And there are lots of things that are physically possible, but are not plausibly achievable. Time travel, for instance, is physically possible but it would require more energy than we could possibly generate.

"Creation" could very well have come from nothing -- maybe you don't understand how that could be. Not to mention the big bang is not "nothing". 

Anyway, if God exists then how can he be a "good" God if he makes people suffer? If he created people to be born only to experience loneliness and torment? A god like that is not worth worshipping.

Visions, poltergeists, ghosts and shit

Nautica1983 said:
I believe in him and I know hes real. Mom took me to a bible study. Preacher was calling out names, called out mine and other people who had never seen him before nor had he ever seen them and prayed over us. Mom took me to another bible study. Priest was knocking out people by putting his hand in their face like the force. He put his hand over their heads and they started speaking in tongues, or whatever the hell language they were speaking in, they didn't know it beforehand.

Yeah, I also had a miraculous experience. I was in a time of the UTMOST anxiety and hopelessness. I am not one to cry, but I felt so dreadful that I felt like crying. I got a feeling inside me telling me to open the Holy Bible. Lo and behold, I open to the following. Matthew 6:25-28 "25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?"

It was such an incredibly powerful and relieving experience to go from utter dread to complete reassurance after a feeling told me to open up the Holy Bible, and I end up seeing this. The experience was SO powerful, it could not have been a coincidence.

theson said:
Why not? There are lots of things in the universe that humans don't understand yet. And there are lots of things that are physically possible, but are not plausibly achievable. Time travel, for instance, is physically possible but it would require more energy than we could possibly generate.

"Creation" could very well have come from nothing -- maybe you don't understand how that could be. Not to mention the big bang is not "nothing". 

Anyway, if God exists then how can he be a "good" God if he makes people suffer? If he created people to be born only to experience loneliness and torment? A god like that is not worth worshipping.

People choose to suffer by disobeying God's words. People love to throw around the example of starving kids in Africa. Yet Jesus taught us "sell your possessions to the poor and you will have treasure in Heaven" (Matthew 19:21). It is by disobeying commands like this that some of us are wealthy while others suffer. It is the human race that chooses to bring about its own suffering.

ItheIthe said:

So are David Blaine's miracles.

ItheIthe said:
People choose to suffer by disobeying God's words. People love to throw around the example of starving kids in Africa. Yet Jesus taught us "sell your possessions to the poorn and you wiwll have treasure in Heaven" (Matthew 19:21). It is by disobeying commands like this that some of us are wealthy while others suffer.

I was born ugly before I ever had a chance to make a choice to disobey and commandments, and I used to always give to the poor until I realized that homeless people were just taking advantage of me because I look like a sucker who is dumb enough to give them drug money. You think I am greedy? You think I am a bad person? Fuck you. I don't care about money. I don't care about material shit. It's the popular beautiful people that seem to care the most about the latest gadgets and trendy clothes. They are the only people who have the luxury to enjoy those things. I'd give all my money away to charity if I could be guaranteed a NORMAL LIFE. Everyone gets a girls, everyone has sex, everyone gets a family, everyone has kids. But I get NOTHING. Even disgusting fucking criminals who rape and murder people have better lives than me. It must be because they follow god's will, right?

Yes, there is clear evidence. Everyone keeps posting a picture of him wearing a Call of Duty Black Ops 2 shirt.

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-d4otHE-YI[/video]

nausea said:
[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-d4otHE-YI[/video]

How come so many Atheists use emotion instead of logic? Once again, HUMANS are the ones who are evil and causing evil, not God.

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwNYSQo[/video]

ItheIthe said:
How come so many Atheists use emotion instead of logic? Once again, HUMANS are the ones who are evil and causing evil, not God.

sorry I posted the wrong video, this is his speech without comment

theson said:
I was born ugly before I ever had a chance to make a choice to disobey and commandments, and I used to always give to the poor until I realized that homeless people were just taking advantage of me because I look like a sucker who is dumb enough to give them drug money. You think I am greedy? You think I am a bad person? Fuck you. I don't care about money. I don't care about material shit. It's the popular beautiful people that seem to care the most about the latest gadgets and trendy clothes. They are the only people who have the luxury to enjoy those things. I'd give all my money away to charity if I could be guaranteed a NORMAL LIFE. Everyone gets a girls, everyone has sex, everyone gets a family, everyone has kids. But I get NOTHING. Even disgusting fucking criminals who rape and murder people have better lives than me. It must be because they follow god's will, right?

ItheIthe said:

Didn't listen to the aging faggot's speech about muh atheism but I'll respond to your post. If god is so good, why doesn't he do any good? Oh, he doesn't intervene? Then what kind of a god is he and why is he worthy of worship? God could fix my life and it would be infinitely easy for him to do so. Instead, Chad is going to heaven after committing every possible sin while I get to die alone after years of suffering. Great universe you designed there, fella.

theson said:

That's a reasonable statement, seeing most of the worlds atrocities still happening in front of our very eyes.

I don't even know how inteligent people can belive in god in 2017. He's like santa claus for adult people but it's impossible to prove his non-existance so people keep beliving that they will get something good in heaven for not doing bad things.

Post this on the Off Topic forum, also God doesn't exist. This has been debated millions of times, so I don't want to get into it from the fatigue.

theson said:
Didn't listen to the aging faggot's speech about muh atheism but I'll respond to your post. If god is so good, why doesn't he do any good? Oh, he doesn't intervene? Then what kind of a god is he and why is he worthy of worship? God could fix my life and it would be infinitely easy for him to do so. Instead, Chad is going to heaven after committing every possible sin while I get to die alone after years of suffering. Great universe you designed there, fella.

the aging faggot is echoing you man

ItheIthe said:

It's just tradition. The story of Jesus is a widespread one because of trade and political relations. The Muslims weren't primary sources of the miracles and existence of Jesus, Muslims weren't around until the 6th century. The stories were passed down. I guess I failed at not getting into it. I thought people would've outgrown these childish beliefs by now.

gay_fag said:
people keep beliving that they will get something good in heaven for not doing bad things.

Sadly it's not even like that. Christians believe you'll go to heaven simply for believing in Jeebus and repenting for your sins. Take a look at the hispanic population of any American prison. They're all devout Catholics. They pray to mother Mary like good little boys after cutting off pregnant women's heads with box cutters. Christianity is a big fucking cope and the only way you could possibly believe that crap is if your family brainwashed you from a young age. Unfortunately for me, my family grew up in an "atheist" country so they didn't instill any good copes in my mind.

So if God's not real then how does anything exist?

kkt6 said:

Checkmate atheists lol.

kkt6 said:

Did you ever stop to consider that there doesn't need to be a reason? Purpose is a made up human notion. That's also how religious thinking emerges. It's because our brains have evolved to perceive purpose in our surroundings. It's why humans have worshiped the sun, performed human sacrifices due to poor harvests... lots of examples of these behaviors. The sky isn't angry; it's only thunder.

There's no purpose. No reason why anything exists. It just does, and you're unlucky enough to experience it.

theson said:
Did you ever stop to consider that there doesn't need to be a reason? Purpose is a made up human notion. That's also how religious thinking emerges. It's because our brains have evolved to perceive purpose in our surroundings. It's why humans have worshiped the sun, performed human sacrifices due to poor harvests... lots of examples of these behaviors. The sky isn't angry; it's only thunder.

There's no purpose. No reason why anything exists. It just does, and you're unlucky enough to experience it.

Yeah I did but it didn't make sense

theson said:

I thought part of the blackpill was realizing that there is no purpose in life besides reproducing with superior genes. 

I hate how there's no higher purpose in life than to fuck, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna intentionally swallow a bluepill and fool myself.

theson said:

society is responsible for our condition

SOCIETY

Always been an atheist but lately I have to really wonder if there wasn't some higher intelligence designing life as we know it. A lot of high hurdles. But in a way I suppose the universe really REALLY big so it was bound to happen somewhere? If there is some higher being they are probably just that - some thing in a higher dimension. Not the Abrahamic notion of some patriarch who cares about us or is even all-powerful. I think the same thing about the "Big Bang" theory which doesn't sit right with me the way it is described (probably over-simplified.) It was probably that the substance of our universe poured in to our dimension. I like the flatland way of explanation. A flatlander can't see 3D you but you can see him. And a flatlander could only see a tiny sliver of you of some other object intersecting their 2D space and it would make little sense.

Kointo said:
Post this on the Off Topic forum, also God doesn't exist. This has been debated millions of times, so I don't want to get into it from the fatigue.

Will do.

kkt6 said:

Where do all the little calculators go? :bigsmile:

Recommend darkmatter2525 for curing Christianity but if you use religion as a crutch for living then you might want to stay away as you'll either kill yourself or your years of repressed rage will destroy you and everybody else around you.

Asking for evidence in religion is like asking for a loan at a McDonald's. It doesn't make any sense. The two worlds don't intersect like that.

The way I like to think of it is, they put their faith in their book, I put my faith in science even though I've never done a fraction of the experiments upon which it is founded myself. I take it on the word of the textbook authors and the people who peer review their shit.