Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Any absurdists/ mild optimists around here?

mrlunatic

mrlunatic

Traumatized beyond repair | Misfit for love
★★
The past few days I've been thinking about something and that is how too much pessimism is a bad thing. My life is shit i know, but I've seen pessimism adding more misery.

Now I'm not talking about the optimism that normies involve themselves in, that's delusion or ignorance which also isn't a too bad thing tbh, since ignorance is bliss.

I'm talking about absurdist optimists, you know just looking at your life, and laughing at this cruel joke and accepting it for what it is and trying to find a tiny bit of light in all of this misery.

Looking to connect with fellow brocels, you can send me a message if you want :feelsjuice:

Idc bout philosophical labels, i just play vidya and eat dorito till i die

i just exist

my mind is only in the present

No absurdism for your face

The past few days I've been thinking about something and that is how too much pessimism is a bad thing. My life is shit i know, but I've seen pessimism adding more misery.

Now I'm not talking about the optimism that normies involve themselves in, that's delusion or ignorance which also isn't a too bad thing tbh, since ignorance is bliss.

I'm talking about absurdist optimists, you know just looking at your life, and laughing at this cruel joke and accepting it for what it is and trying to find a tiny bit of light in all of this misery.

Looking to connect with fellow brocels, you can send me a message if you want :feelsjuice:
I agree. There needs to be balance. I often laugh at my life and the cruel and unusual circumstances around me, but the laughter is often out of insanity. Yes, my situation is awful and the modern world is cruel and unjust, but that does not mean you have to indefinitely suffer. I like to think of myself as a man roaming the dystopia, I might as well have some fun in this backwards world.
Optimism is important, but left uncontrolled can turn into pure delusion and end up having an effect opposite to optimist's intended purpose.
Stoicism is good in theory but is too extreme. The notion that you can suppress human nature, that is: emotion, is ridiculous. The fact that we as human beings have emotion proves emotion to have been necessary for human evolution and progress. It is a good thing to be sad at your situation and angry at the world, that is an indicator that you are still aware and functioning. Anyone who does not feel those emotions is subservient to foreign illusions imposed on them. Like slaves who think they are free. Sure, the bliss is nice, but it is not real. It is not worth stressing over what you can not control, however, you should exert as much control over you and your own environment as is possible. Anger and sadness themselves have driven men to change the world, why not allow them to guide your hand in changing what you can and will to change?

Balance logic and emotion.

I consider myself an 'aspiring objectivist', I seek truth using logic and extensive thinking to reach truth, but doing so is extremally hard and finding definite facts is near impossible. I believe that there are singular definite truths, but man knows little. I like philosophy.

I agree. There needs to be balance. I often laugh at my life and the cruel and unusual circumstances around me, but the laughter is often out of insanity. Yes, my situation is awful and the modern world is cruel and unjust, but that does not mean you have to indefinitely suffer. I like to think of myself as a man roaming the dystopia, I might as well have some fun in this backwards world.
Optimism is important, but left uncontrolled can turn into pure delusion and end up having an effect opposite to optimist's intended purpose.
Stoicism is good in theory but is too extreme. The notion that you can suppress human nature, that is: emotion, is ridiculous. The fact that we as human beings have emotion proves emotion to have been necessary for human evolution and progress. It is a good thing to be sad at your situation and angry at the world, that is an indicator that you are still aware and functioning. Anyone who does not feel those emotions is subservient to foreign illusions imposed on them. Like slaves who think they are free. Sure, the bliss is nice, but it is not real. It is not worth stressing over what you can not control, however, you should exert as much control over you and your own environment as is possible. Anger and sadness themselves have driven men to change the world, why not allow them to guide your hand in changing what you can and will to change?

Balance logic and emotion.

I consider myself an 'aspiring objectivist', I seek truth using logic and extensive thinking to reach truth, but doing so is extremally hard and finding definite facts is near impossible. I believe that there are singular definite truths, but man knows little. I like philosophy.
Read every single word and i agree with you on a lot of points .

Too much of optimism or pessimism can lead to disasters. A lot of users here don't understand this and their misery keeps increasing because of their ever-growing and uncontrolled pessimism. I can totally understand how years of rejection from society as a whole can leave a deep scar, because i myself have gone through these things. But the universe has no mercy and it's ultimately our duty to protect ourselves.

I also hate stoicism because of similar reasons. I feel like it's too too rigid as a philosophy and stoicism is just a different facet of modern optimism.

As for philosophy, I'm not a big fan of it. I've read a lot of author's works and one thing I've seen is that almost every philosopher gets extremely biased and speaks only for their own experiences and refuse to look at other perspectives. One good example is obviously Schopenhauer, or even the Buddhists.

The only philosophy I've liked to date was Taoism. You should check it out if you haven't already. It has its faults and it acknowledges them