Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Animecels, why?

Deleted member 677

Deleted member 677

Godpilled
-
What do you find so appealing in anime?

why do you want to eat a femoid's organs?

Anime can exaggerate and emphasize almost anything unlike western shows.
Also great way to escape reality by imagining yourself in anime worlds.

Anime is a cope I use to project my love onto a character whom cannot possibly reject me, due to their non-existence. I too like to view naked foids as any other straight man, and I have adapted to the terrible environment I was placed in by using a temporary substitute to fill my need for love.

many incel like anime as nerd hobby

The only anime genre I find appealing is moeblob/cute girls doing cute things. But I haven’t liked any made since 2015.

There are a few others that I enjoy like Madhouse adaptions, Kyoani originals, SoL/Comedy genre, Fate adaptions.

For romance I usually play visual novels or read light novels. I mainly self insert when I play and read them.

I read a lot of manga and mainly read sports and action.

The only anime genre I find appealing is moeblob/cute girls doing cute things. But I haven’t liked any made since 2015.

There are a few others that I enjoy like Madhouse adaptions, Kyoani originals, SoL/Comedy genre, Fate adaptions.

For romance I usually play visual novels or read light novels. I mainly self insert when I play and read them.

I read a lot of manga and mainly read sports and action.
When you self-insert, do you replace the MC or insert in along with the MC?

When you self-insert, do you replace the MC or insert in along with the MC?
depends usually but most of the time I will just finish an episode or series and create my own character and self insert along with one of the females I like in a anime or VN. It helps me fall asleep but is a pain from waking up from.

depends usually but most of the time I will just finish an episode or series and create my own character and self insert along with one of the females I like in a anime or VN. It helps me fall asleep but is a pain from waking up from.
Ah. I do this alot. I tend to insert myself not as the MC, but as a create a character like you, but I think alot of people just replace the MC.

Anime has several types of genres, some wonder why someone likes anime is the same as asking why a person likes watching series or movies

Ah. I do this alot. I tend to insert myself not as the MC, but as a create a character like you, but I think alot of people just replace the MC.
I can’t see my self replacing the MC most of the time. Have been doing this for a long time (since middle school when I got into romance VN and anime) to the point were my dreams are related to it and I will start daydreaming about it randomly.

There is a term for it (maladaptive day dreaming or fantasy prone personality) one of its main causes is social isolation.

If it garbage anime like slice of life I cannot understand. Also any anime with a rating under m is certainly garbage too.

i don't really watch anime as often as i used to but it's fun and the girls are cute.
also it's not like i only consume japanese media... i like all types of films and tv series, restricting yourself to one form of media is just dumb. i work from home so i like to plug a usb stick full of movies and shows into the tv and leave it running while i work

If it garbage anime like slice of life I cannot understand. Also any anime with a rating under m is certainly garbage too.
SOL, in my understanding, is about filling a social void that all of us never had, especially when it comes to relating to women. I like it alot for that reason. Is SOL good as an artistic medium? Not really. But does it help fill a void? Absolutely.

SOL, in my understanding, is about filling a social void that all of us never had, especially when it comes to relating to women. I like it alot for that reason. Is SOL good as an artistic medium? Not really. But does it help fill a void? Absolutely.

Was never able to do it for me. In fact I actually hate it. I can't stand characters that act like that, I dislike seeing them act silly.
I have noticed not many have my type of taste. I also really hate plot armor.

I can't say I understand tbh, everyone is different I guess.

What I wanna know is did anime used to be better or is my inceldom affecting my enjoyment of it? Swear to god it sucks now.

What I wanna know is did anime used to be better or is my inceldom affecting my enjoyment of it? Swear to god it sucks now.
That's probably a combination of nostalgia and desensitization. If you've seen 50 anime, you become used to the tropes and they become somewhat less entertaining, even if objectively they are masterpieces.

That's probably a combination of nostalgia and desensitization. If you've seen 50 anime, you become used to the tropes and they become somewhat less entertaining, even if objectively they are masterpieces.
Hadn't thought of that. Makes sense.

Because i can lose myself pretending i'm taking part of the story itself, one of the best ways to cope and escape from reality

I don't get it either. Anime is all girly shit nowadays.

No amount of watching anime will ever make your life like an anime. Nobody lives an anime life. It's always super unrealistic, wtf is the point.

No amount of watching anime will ever make your life like an anime. Nobody lives an anime life. It's always super unrealistic, wtf is the point.
Pretending to be liked by hot 2D foids is pretty awesome tbh, even if it is pretending. It's an awesome cope.

No amount of watching the avengers will make you one either. It’s the same shit as superheroes, people use it to imagine being greater than they are.

No amount of watching the avengers will make you one either. It’s the same shit as superheroes, people use it to imagine being greater than they are.

>thinking I care about capeshit either

That's where you're wrong boyo.

I insert myself into the mcs shoes as cope. It's also suifuel tho.

I partially agree with you.

But however, you'll be back at point blank, and what is there left for you to cope with? You'll be back to coping with the same thing, if you decide to live on. If it were pointless, then it'd be valid for us to have "rope'd" sooner. Then I guess that would be the "point" of all things...

Last edited:
Anime, like books and gaming, is an escape. I like forgetting myself while immersed in manga and anime. Helps me cope.

That is the blackpill of anime right there.

Its been years since Iv'e watched any anime that isn't hentai

Anime/manga is just another medium for story telling, something that we as a species have done in various ways for thousands upon thousands of years. It has stories that could be told in book/written form, and some things that may be better expressed in visual form than anything else. Outside of that, it's too diverse to really say what you may like or not like or what some people like it or some people don't.

Think about it this way, you wouldn't say something like "what's so great about books anyway like what are they even about and why do people like them."

I just watched death note, code geass and FMA brotherhood, would recommend the first two

Depends on the anime, some of them I can't even watch similar to western media. If it has romance in it, it's either going to make me a weird combination of happy and sad, or I get so upset that I drop it. This just gets worse as I get older.

I love Legend of the Galactic Heroes(the original), Claymore, Ghost in the Shell(both the original movie and Stand Alone Complex), Serial Experiments Lain, Black Lagoon, Space Battleship Yamato 2199, and Hellsing Ultimate. Although I've watched dozens of shows. It's just an escape like anything else, my main pleasure is forgetting I exist.

I do this as well.

Last edited: