Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion An upvote/like system

• Thread starter To_Live_is to_Serve
  • Start date
To_Live_is to_Serve

To_Live_is to_Serve

To_Live_is_to_Serve
It is fun to get alerts when someone responds to you but unlike on facebook, it only happens when someone replies to you as there are no likes or upvotes.
Only a minority of posts get replied to. Posts should not be privileged by their popularity like on reddit. A modest system would be when only you, yourself get to see the number of likes at your post and were downvotes don't exist. I have thought about the effect this would have, that it would increase the stalenment and soy but I think it would be worth a try, at least for a month or so. I think it would boost the dopamine/seratonine/oxytocin etc. of the users who I think are often depressed and copeless by giving them a sense of popularity. Thoughts?

What about the users who get endlessly mogged with zero likes? Just another source of suifuel imo.

A reaction system like on looksmax.org, that would be cool

Last edited:
Idk it would feel reddit like

You mean like reactions? That wouldn't be terrible but honestly I prefer it this way. If you have something to say then say it, don't hide by just reacting with soyjak and not giving a reply.

Yup. Keep that karma-looking shit out of here.
It doesn't have to be added or averaged to a digit. I feel like there are many posts I would like to "like" but not reply to as to send positive vibes to the posters.

What about the users who get endlessly mogged with zero likes? Just another source of suifuel imo.
Getting upvotes unfortunately might make ppl less likely to listen to certain incels

Can't see it happening here.

Serge has already said plenty of times it won't be happening here

There is 1 user who has 1 like. He can give incels quest to ascension

I would honestly remove this level system, and just maybe include a basic like button to express agreement. People are posting crap just to increase their message number and change colours, is stupid and it affects the quality of the forum.

It would result in users just spamming popular crap to get upvotes instead of posting honest, sometimes unpopular opinions.

No back to reddit fakecel

no, I didn't like it on reddit and I don't want that system here

No no no, it would mean low iq poster like me won't get even the slightest chance of replies and that dooamine hit it gives you

You can go back to Reddit for shit like that