Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

An argument in defense of free will.

R

ryhan

Julias dracul romanov the 2 eyed abyss
★★★★★
P1 you can imagine a world where you are in control.
P2 You cannot imagine a world where you are not in control as even in dream like states it's still ultimately you making that decision.
P3 if it possible for you to imagine where you are in control and not possible to imagine when you are not it says you have freedom over your own mind and will.
C1 humans have free will

at the end everything is controled by causality so no, you don't really have free will(or there are endless alternative universes)

at the end everything is controled by causality so no, you don't really have free will(or there are endless alternative universes)

Oh not fatalism causality is not determining factor in humans causality in this world seems to be more free than other ones

Oh not fatalism causality is not determining factor in humans causality in this world seems to be more free than other ones
What I mean is that you only have one choice for everything and that this also is the only thing that lies in the future for you, so there is only the illusion of a free will.

What I mean is that you only have one choice for everything and that this also is the only thing that lies in the future for you, so there is only the illusion of a free will.

You have many choices for everthing and the fact that you cannot deny you exist merely by the fact that saying i don't exist implies i exists so if you exist and cannot imagine a possible world where your not in control then you have free will

Not this shit again man, just publish a book (preferably NOT in english) about it.
You have many choices for everthing and the fact that you cannot deny you exist merely by the fact that saying i don't exist implies i exists so if you exist and cannot imagine a possible world where your not in control then you have free will
God you're dumb.

Not this shit again man, just publish a book (preferably NOT in english) about it.

God you're dumb.

Would you perfer i put it in premise steps cause english is shite

Where is the issue with the argument exactly

Ok, I'll try bro (you're breaking my postmaxx streak):
"You have many choices for everything" here you fail to define "you" and "choices".

You CAN deny that you exist. I can say that I am only a thought, not a concrete, physical object.

Ok, I'll try bro (you're breaking my postmaxx streak):

"You have many choices for everything" here you fail to define "you" and "choices".

You CAN deny that you exist. I can say that I am only a thought, not a concrete, physical object.

Fair enough you here is identity meaning you as the person or the brain itself. Cause consciousnesses emerges from the brain it is subject to the brain and it is the identity of you know.

Their are spirit elements to it but spirit here i am referring to in a substance monist sense that their is no distinction between spiritual and physical both are interchangeable that is what i mean by you.

As for choices that just means to have more than 1 path of you being able to choose going down that path not to be confused with maximal autonomy.

As for your statement you can't deny you exist by the very fact you cannot imagine yourself not ever being even when you imagine something that still is you doing the imagining and if it isn't possible for you to imagine you don't exist than you exist as if you didn't exist their should never even be the possibility for i their should just be something else.

Fair enough you here is identity meaning you as the person or the brain itself. Cause consciousnesses emerges from the brain it is subject to the brain and it is the identity of you know.

Their are spirit elements to it but spirit here i am referring to in a substance monist sense that their is no distinction between spiritual and physical both are interchangeable that is what i mean by you.

As for choices that just means to have more than 1 path of you being able to choose going down that path not to be confused with maximal autonomy.

As for your statement you can't deny you exist by the very fact you cannot imagine yourself not ever being even when you imagine something that still is you doing the imagining and if it isn't possible for you to imagine you don't exist than you exist as if you didn't exist their should never even be the possibility for i their should just be something else.
Bro, it takes too long to knock down all your horrible points, so I'll just destroy free will with facts and logic real quick:

Imagine a timeline of all possible events (all posible particle placements at all times). Does it end at the present, or does it continue as a line throughout the future? Bitch.

Bro, it takes too long to knock down all your horrible points, so I'll just destroy free will with facts and logic real quick

B-but facts and logic don't exist bro...

Edit: You be denying your own argument bro, imma serious:

Logic dosen't exist according to dis.

Last edited:
Bro, it takes too long to knock down all your horrible points, so I'll just destroy free will with facts and logic real quick:

Imagine a timeline of all possible events (all posible particle placements at all times). Does it end at the present, or does it continue as a line throughout the future? Bitch.

Sorry bro i was time constained and it's hard to give you a well thought out answer when your bloody time constrained.

P1 it is impossible for you to imagine a world where you don't exist.
P2 It is not impossible for you to imagine a world where you exist.
P3 You can say for sure you exist without even any influence from the outside world just from pure instrospection alone.
C1 you exist i exists.

Problem you might say is if your going down that end what if were a brain in a vat and were manipulated to think were real. Issue with that is it is relying on chemical influences or influences which rely on outside mental phenomena which you can't prove exist yet.

So rebuttal to that statement then would be cause my senses conform with reality reality seems to line up with what i know which is that i exist the laws of logic seem to line up with my senses that i exist. So to reality exist and my argument is not relying on outside mental phenomia yours is if you go down the brain in the vat situtation.

Another thing you seemed to say is that I could just be a thought okay maybe but that thought is still being guided by you in a panenthiest format.

After all what are thoughts but the conjurings of the conscious mind so even if you went down this route of denying you even exist with denying identity all together you get the issue.

That would still imply if this is a thought it is being guided by some force or hand that is from you cause consiousness emerges from brain.

''Imagine a timeline of all possible events (all posible particle placements at all times). Does it end at the present, or does it continue as a line throughout the future? Bitch.''

Questioning begging b theory are we when a theory makes the most logical sense

Sorry bro i was time constained and it's hard to give you a well thought out answer when your bloody time constrained.

P1 it is impossible for you to imagine a world where you don't exist.
P2 It is not impossible for you to imagine a world where you exist.
P3 You can say for sure you exist without even any influence from the outside world just from pure instrospection alone.
C1 you exist i exists.

Problem you might say is if your going down that end what if were a brain in a vat and were manipulated to think were real. Issue with that is it is relying on chemical influences or influences which rely on outside mental phenomena which you can't prove exist yet.

So rebuttal to that statement then would be cause my senses conform with reality reality seems to line up with what i know which is that i exist the laws of logic seem to line up with my senses that i exist. So to reality exist and my argument is not relying on outside mental phenomia yours is if you go down the brain in the vat situtation.

Another thing you seemed to say is that I could just be a thought okay maybe but that thought is still being guided by you in a panenthiest format.

After all what are thoughts but the conjurings of the conscious mind so even if you went down this route of denying you even exist with denying identity all together you get the issue.

That would still imply if this is a thought it is being guided by some force or hand that is from you cause consiousness emerges from brain.

''Imagine a timeline of all possible events (all posible particle placements at all times). Does it end at the present, or does it continue as a line throughout the future? Bitch.''

Questioning begging b theory are we when a theory makes the most logical sense
The relatively high level of discussion and your level of english reminds me of the dating scene in the current year. If you got what I just said, you are based.

The relatively high level of discussion and your level of english reminds me of the dating scene in the current year. If you got what I just said, you are based.

My English is absolute shit but i am autistic bro and i'm a curry give me some breaks

My English is absolute shit but i am autistic bro and i'm a curry give me some breaks
U racist against ur own race bro

Incels making fun of incels. Smh. What has this place become...

massive cope. free will is meme. even Buddha knows this

massive cope. free will is meme. even Buddha knows this

Cope the very fact you can't imagiine a world where your not in control provides a rebuttal a rebuttal most likley will be what if our consiousness itself is just a lie again even if that were true it would be a form of panenthiesm as we would just be in control of our brain which is still you guiding this thought

Also we are extremly limited within our choices in the first place. I cannot really express my ''free will''.

Cope, if I had free will I wouldnt have to rot in loneliness my whole life

Also we are extremly limited within our choices in the first place. I cannot really express my ''free will''.

Your confusing maximal autonamy with free will you have the will to choose the options given to you the lack of free will is to say you didn't choose the path given to you
Cope, if I had free will I wouldnt have to rot in loneliness my whole life

You don't have to that's just cause your not good looking that's happening

didnt read tbh ngl