Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Always anxious for no reason

Celius

Celius

-
Anyone else constantly suffering from an unusual amount of anxiety for literally no reason whatsoever? Everything gives me a sense of foreboding as if there’s always a calm before the storm waiting around the corner.

I’m always in this never-ending state of feeling that I’m about to lose something or that things are going to get much worse.

It gets so bad that I have difficulty breathing sometimes and my pulse starts beating so rapidly that I can even hear it.

:feelsbadman:

It's coming, destroy all your appliances and electronic devices NOW! 20 MINUTES! :reeeeee:

Same, some days are easier than others.

"For no reason" In my case it's pretty clear. People have hated me since I was little, they always wanted to hurt me. Social anxiety is just the natural response of the brain. To fit in as much as possible, not say too much, not become too low inhib and do something stupid. It is a completely natural reaction.

Yes. I can't get peace of mind and to distract myself I just browse on my phone and/or pace around. Maybe 80% of my day is this and I have no idea where the rest (or even that 80%) goes.

I blame screen time tbh

Yes I often experience heart palpitations and a sense of unease. Typically happens about 24 hours before social events like going to school or work, I often have no idea exactly why. Also lots of ruminating. I asked my GP for anxiety meds because it's ruining my quality of life, but she's hesitant about prescribing it because I don't want to go to therapy (I've tried for so many years but never noticed any long-term benefits). So now I'm in the tedious process of getting referred to a psychiatrist so I can get meds. Idk how so many people are on meds

yea im an alcoholic.

my weekdays involve being anxious most of the time and my weekends involve staying inside as much as possible. if i go outside even for just a moment i start to get anxious.

when i take a couple weeks off of alcohol i start to feel better and less anxious. but i end up drinking again and its just an endless cycle.

Still like this. My heart beeps so fast. :shock:

I’m always scared. :feelsbadman:

"For no reason" In my case it's pretty clear. People have hated me since I was little, they always wanted to hurt me. Social anxiety is just the natural response of the brain. To fit in as much as possible, not say too much, not become too low inhib and do something stupid. It is a completely natural reaction.
:feelsbadman:

Have you ever been on Jew meds
Yeah, @nihilxs. But as of right now, no.

Yes. I can't get peace of mind and to distract myself I just browse on my phone and/or pace around. Maybe 80% of my day is this and I have no idea where the rest (or even that 80%) goes.
I have to CONSTANTLY stimulate myself with something. Otherwise the anxiety will start kicking in. :fuk:

I blame screen time tbh
Screens are what I cope with. :feelsohgod:

Yes I often experience heart palpitations and a sense of unease. Typically happens about 24 hours before social events like going to school or work, I often have no idea exactly why. Also lots of ruminating. I asked my GP for anxiety meds because it's ruining my quality of life, but she's hesitant about prescribing it because I don't want to go to therapy (I've tried for so many years but never noticed any long-term benefits). So now I'm in the tedious process of getting referred to a psychiatrist so I can get meds. Idk how so many people are on meds
I’m sorry man. :fuk:

I should get on meds again.

my weekdays involve being anxious most of the time and my weekends involve staying inside as much as possible. if i go outside even for just a moment i start to get anxious.
Same. So utterly over for us agoraphobicels, that I don’t even know where to begin.

Could be atrial fibrillation which gets worse with anxiety
Despite having been through minor heart problems, my impulses were fine the last time I had them checked. I’ll probably just book an appointment with a psychiatrist soon. Fuck it, might as well get fat.

Other drugs to avoid:
-Paroxetine & sertraline (SSRI) better to take fluoxetine
-Alprazolam and other short half-life benzos which are extremely addicting
Duly noted. Thanks.