Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting All of my nostalgia is centered around gymceling

janoycresva

janoycresva

hey
-
I'm on summer break and it's just so boring. I have nothing to do, nothing. I'm so bored that I find myself trying to imitate events that I've done in the past to trigger senses of nostalgia, like if I remember a particular good feeling associated with eating lucky charms and microwave ready bacon while watching breaking bad early in the morning 5 years ago, i'll plan to wake up early, just to do that, just so I could get that same feeling, that's how bored I am. I'll literally try to recreate entire days that I had many years ago by myself.

What I might do in the next week or so is recreate an event that I've been yearning to experience again, the simplicity of it is quite shocking actually, all I have to do is pretend like I'm in High School again by studying from 6 AM-2:30 PM then watching 2 hours of the Walking Dead and then at 6 PM, just as the sun begins to lower, I need to take the city bus (even though I have a car) to my local gym for a squat workout with my belt. I also would like the bus driver to inquire about my belt and tell me "have a good lift", if possible, I may tell him or her to ask me that, but that's obviously something that I can't control.

Just the other day, I remember opening up a packet of these grapefruit acne wipes, I hadn't used the wipes in a while and as soon as i smelt the grapefruit on the wipes, I was immediately brought back to freshman year of high school when I would use these wipes like crazy (I'd go through 3 big packs a week, my mom would get mad at me for using so much). However, I was specifically brought back to a certain day, it was Fall and a Friday after school had ended. I remembered the crisp cool weather and the scenery outside of my house that I loved. I remembered sitting down on the couch in my small new house and watching some kind of horror movie, "Halloween" or some shitty low production "Sci -Fi channel" film. I remembered finding out about Zyzz (or something related to the aesthetics world/youtube fitness) that day as well and listening to some Zyzz songs like "Man on the Run" while eating ice cream. The dim orange atmosphere of the room I was in calmed me as well.

All of the events in my life that I have strong nostalgia for were when I was alone, by myself. I never have nostalgia for times when I was surrounded by people. I guess this is the biggest sign that I'm bound to be a loner. I'm getting older now and I'm at the point where I don't think people change too much. I guess this is my fate, always yearning for a better time when I was alone and delusional and blue pilled. I had just started my gymcel journey at that time, it's honestly amounted to nothing special, but hey, at least I can look back at those times when I was hopeful.

It's piss.

Last edited:
All my nostalgia is 2003-2009 in MMORPGs. Probably the best 6 years of my life tbh.

yeah I know what you mean

it's much worse if you have an actual paper trail of things you used to be into, whenever I see a meme pic or screenshot saved from 2009 or 2013 I always fantasize about travelling back in time to that period, it's really bad out here

yeah I know what you mean

it's much worse if you have an actual paper trail of things you used to be into, whenever I see a meme pic or screenshot saved from 2009 or 2013 I always fantasize about travelling back in time to that period, it's really bad out here

we're all trying to run away from something lol