Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel A tech slave's pain

• Thread starter Transcended Trucel
  • Start date
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Peace & Dharma ; Vishwaguru India!
★★★★★
It's painfully common, more than you could ever imagine. I've been stuck in this industry for what feels like an eternity, and let me tell you, the number of people who escape the clutches of software engineering is mind-bogglingly high.

Just think about it for a moment. This job is the epitome of abstraction. Day after day, I find myself trapped in front of a soul-sucking screen, whether it's the cold walls of a cubicle or the suffocating isolation of my room. I mechanically type away at an IDE that's supposed to be fancy with its vibrant colors, but it's all just smoke and mirrors. I'm essentially begging computers to shuffle meaningless data from one place to another.

Nobody outside the tech world understands what the hell I do, and even most of my colleagues are clueless. How can anyone truly feel satisfied when they spend their days invisible, creating intangible nothingness? There's no real sense of accomplishment like building something tangible with your bare hands, something that people can actually see and appreciate. Instead, I'm nothing more than a cog in a gargantuan machine, churning out code for insignificant services that the general public doesn't even know exist, let alone care about. And on the rare occasion someone does interact with what I've slaved over, they remain blissfully ignorant of the blood, sweat, and tears poured into its creation.

But it's not just the abstract nature of the work that eats away at my soul. Oh no, it's far worse. It's the relentless deadlines that hang over my head like a dark cloud, ready to crush me at any moment. Most of these deadlines are utterly insane, imposed by people who wouldn't know a line of code from a coffee stain. And let's not forget the daily status reports. Every damn day, I'm expected to justify my existence, to explain what I did yesterday and what I plan to do today. It's like living under a microscope, constantly scrutinized and judged. When will it be done? That's the question that haunts me, and the answer never seems to satisfy anyone.

And let me tell you, the pointlessness of it all is suffocating. I can't help but question the purpose of my existence every damn day. They try to sell us the idea that software engineering has the power to make a positive impact, to revolutionize industries and transform lives. But let's face the harsh reality: my work doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things. I'm just a cog, a tiny insignificant piece in this vast machinery.

In fact, when I look at the top companies in the industry, the so-called FAANGs, I can't help but see them as a detriment to society. They create addictive social media platforms that exploit our vulnerabilities, manipulate our behavior, and erode the very fabric of human connection. They encourage shallow interactions, fuel misinformation, and amplify division in our already fragmented world. Is this the impact I'm supposed to be proud of? Is this the legacy I want to leave behind?

My work, buried within the codebase, feels like a drop in the ocean of technological mediocrity. I'm not creating life-saving software or solving pressing global issues. No, I'm just contributing to the never-ending cycle of consumerism and virtual distractions. It's disheartening to think that my skills, my potential, are wasted on building products that offer little more than fleeting entertainment or superficial conveniences.

The weight of this knowledge gnaws at my soul, eroding any sense of motivation or purpose. How can I find fulfillment when my talents are channeled towards perpetuating a system that values profit over the well-being of individuals and society as a whole? It's a disheartening realization, a constant reminder that my efforts, no matter how much I pour into them, ultimately fall short of creating meaningful change.

So, in the face of this bleak reality, I'm left grappling with the existential question: What's the damn point? How can I find purpose in an industry that often seems to prioritize exploitation and contribute to the very problems we face? These thoughts haunt me, leaving me adrift in a sea of disillusionment, yearning for a path that aligns with my values and allows me to make a genuine positive impact on the world.

Depression, that's what this profession breeds. It's a black hole that swallows your dreams, leaving you hollow and broken. So many of us yearn for something more, for a chance to escape this digital prison and find meaning in the real world. Whether it's embracing a hands-on craft, pursuing interdisciplinary projects, or abandoning this wretched career altogether, the desire to break free from the chains of software engineering is a desperate cry for salvation.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/13x4uhu/has_anyone_ever_said_fuck_it_and_left_engineering/jmf97bw/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1&context=3

Tech slave jobs are all horrible scams!

I disagree. It's better than working in construction or restaurant where you get screamed at and paid poorly.

i gotta say that the STEM field is very lonely and you're basically a slave in front of a computer but it's still the best job for an incel since you're not going to have a lot of social interactions with normies and toilets.

i was in med uni and if i graduated i would had to spend my whole day interacting with sick people and touchng them. well i won't have a problem if a hot big botty girl wanted me to give her a vaccine in the ass

Meet the Venezuelan doctor who performs illegal, cut-rate butt injections  on women wanting bigger backsides | Daily Mail Online

I disagree. It's better than working in construction or restaurant where you get screamed at and paid poorly.
those jobs are more fulfilling and more respect worthy. Real 3d world impact!

If your product is palpable, something physical you feel like you did something. Embedded programming maxx theory.

i gotta say that the STEM field is very lonely and you're basically a slave in front of a computer but it's still the best job for an incel since you're not going to have a lot of social interactions with normies and toilets.

i was in med uni and if i graduated i would had to spend my whole day interacting with sick people and touchng them. well i won't have a problem if a hot big botty girl wanted me to give her a vaccine in the ass
Sure but most STEM jobs still require some interaction. And they do tons of brain rape. Imo other career fields mog

Meet the Venezuelan doctor who performs illegal, cut-rate butt injections  on women wanting bigger backsides | Daily Mail Online
Wtf you talking about? In CS, you almost always have to work with other people.

Wtf you talking about? In CS, you almost always have to work with other people.
yup u have to talk to business fags to get requirements. Talk to co workers for approval or help at times etc.

nice prose, but let's be realistic here, not all tech jobs are created equal

some have enormous salaries, some allow you to play on your computer literally all fucking day, it's not all bad and you need to find a good one

some even let you work from home lol, even before the scamdemic

the biggest issue is probably the way it isolates you from other people, i guess, it's not at all uncommon for lower class men with shit jobs to have better socialization and romance than nerds, even at the same looks level

nice prose, but let's be realistic here, not all tech jobs are created equal

some have enormous salaries, some allow you to play on your computer literally all fucking day, it's not all bad and you need to find a good one

some even let you work from home lol, even before the scamdemic
working from home is not as good as some people think. I work from home. And in some ways I am starting to miss the office now. I have to stay in my shitty room in front of a shitty screen. When working in the office, sometimes you can go into a good office with interesting designs and wage in peace there. With some more environmental variety.

Imo top tier company offices mogs working from home. But shitty companies(majority of em), are worse than work from home.

working from home is not as good as some people think. I work from home. And in some ways I am starting to miss the office now. I have to stay in my shitty room in front of a shitty screen. When working in the office, sometimes you can go into a good office with interesting designs and wage in peace there. With some more environmental variety.

Imo top tier company offices mogs working from home. But shitty companies(majority of em), are worse than work from home.
grass is greener, my negro
i went back to the office this year, and i enjoyed the change for a while, but eventually i will get tired of it for sure :feelshaha:

I wish I were a tech wagecuck. Instead I'm part of a corrupt system that actively harms society.

I wish I were a tech wagecuck. Instead I'm part of a corrupt system that actively harms society.
tech slaves also harm society a good portion of the time.

tech slaves also harm society a good portion of the time.
I thought you wrote all that lol. I knew it didn't feel right. Anyway, tech still pays well and its still kinda interesting to deal in abstractions and make money out of it. There's still some creativity involved which mist jobs don't have.

asiacel is in Hong Kong. And there they do get paid poorly. But yeah in USA they do good
actually they're paid very well, but their job is stupidly dangerous and laborious. why be a construction worker when I can just get the same amount of wage sitting in front of a PC

you interact a lot with people, actually. Mostly socially awkward devs who can't give a normal response (which I find worse than with normies tbh)

At least you are paid.
In the rest of the world you will never see salaries of 6 digits.

At least you are paid.
In the rest of the world you will never see salaries of 6 digits.
rest of world is cheaper to live in. And more fun, less globohomo, nice weather. mogs usa

First of all, my condolences.

churning out code for insignificant services
More likely these "insignificant services" are in fact malware designed to parasitically drain some aspect of regular human life. To wrap up a normal part of what it means to be human into a digital hostage package and then try to sell it back to the people who had it taken from them.

They try to sell us the idea that software engineering has the power to make a positive impact, to revolutionize industries and transform lives.

"positive impact" jfl fuck no. The only software that basically ever makes a net positive in someone's life are those that are created in a non-commercial setting, by passionate hackers building a tool to solve their own problems (and hopefully other's).

In fact, when I look at the top companies in the industry, the so-called FAANGs, I can't help but see them as a detriment to society. They create addictive social media platforms that exploit our vulnerabilities, manipulate our behavior, and erode the very fabric of human connection. They encourage shallow interactions, fuel misinformation, and amplify division in our already fragmented world. Is this the impact I'm supposed to be proud of? Is this the legacy I want to leave behind?

Ah, I'm preaching to the choir. My advice is to drop out of the industry sooner rather than later. You'll be able to sleep better at night.
[/quote][/QUOTE]

First of all, my condolences.

churning out code for insignificant services

More likely these "insignificant services" are in fact malware designed to parasitically drain some aspect of regular human life. To wrap up a normal part of what it means to be human into a digital hostage package and then try to sell it back to the people who had it taken from them.

They try to sell us the idea that software engineering has the power to make a positive impact, to revolutionize industries and transform lives.

"positive impact" jfl fuck no. The only software that basically ever makes a net positive in someone's life are those that are created in a non-commercial setting, by passionate hackers building a tool to solve their own problems (and hopefully other's).

Ah, I'm preaching to the choir. My advice is to drop out of the industry sooner rather than later. You'll be able to sleep better at night.

İT İS OVER WHEN THE PRODUCT IS NOT TANGIBLE :feelskek: