Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious A lot of users here don’t know what the word cope means

AnilBashir

AnilBashir

I have a message for you
People here use the word “cope” wrong all the time. Where it doesn’t make sense to use it. Someone isn’t coping just because they disagree with you. Coping has to be

1. saying or believing something that isn’t true, simply because it makes you feel better
2. Taking part in an activity that distracts you from your inceldom

For example, someone here may bring up the dogpill and someone else will say they are coping. I don’t care if someone does or doesn’t believe the dogpill. But it’s not a cope by any means

What would be comforting about thinking foids like to fuck dogs, and would rather do that than fuck a sub-5 male? How could that possibly help someone cope, to believe that?

It would be like saying someone believing in global warming is a cope. I don’t, by the way. But if I did I imagine I would be wracked with anxiety about the end of the world like all those soys who believe it. It certainly seems like a harmful depressing belief for them, not a cope. There’s an example of me disagreeing with someone without thinking they are coping

Sad Mask GIF by Pudgy Penguins

1. saying or believing something that isn’t true, simply because it makes you feel better
For example, someone here may bring up the dogpill and someone else will say they are coping. I don’t care if someone does or doesn’t believe the dogpill. But it’s not a cope by any means
2. Taking part in an activity that distracts you from your inceldom

Bad example. In a way, you make a strong point against your own threat with this, because you showcase how almost anything can be a way to make yourself feel better depending on your perspective.

Not trying to say this is necessarily what people do, but here is how dogpill could be cope:
You devalue female sexuality / affection by making it a) as gross as possible and b) so mindless and prone to miss the target that she litteraly fucks a male of the wrong species.
Making it gross makes it less desirable. Making it feel less bad that you don't get any.
It being such a horrible search algorithm means it says less about you as a person that it will never end up choosing you.
Just the very act of finding the worst possible things to say about women as a whole, to shame them and put their most revolting behaviors on public display can be a cope independently of the context or what exactly you are saying about them. Hurting them back in any way can be a cope to escape your feeling of hopelessness and powerlessness and get rid of some of the bitterness you might be accumulating inside your heart.

For some people the idea that the world is ending tomorrow iwould be stressing them out to the point of breaking their mind.
For others, it would free them of their worries and give them a euphoric high as they finally can let go and do what they want without consequences.
With such a large varitation in how people react and think about things, pretty much anything can be cope

all delusion is cope, therefore it's a valid rebuttal
Then change the word to delusion. Cope has a specific meaning. Deluding myself to the point that I believe something negative can’t possibly be a cope. Because it literally makes it harder for me to cope with life

Bad example. In a way, you make a strong point against your own threat with this, because you showcase how almost anything can be a way to make yourself feel better depending on your perspective.

Not trying to say this is necessarily what people do, but here is how dogpill could be cope:
You devalue female sexuality / affection by making it a) as gross as possible and b) so mindless and prone to miss the target that she litteraly fucks a male of the wrong species.
Making it gross makes it less desirable. Making it feel less bad that you don't get any.
It being such a horrible search algorithm means it says less about you as a person that it will never end up choosing you.
Just the very act of finding the worst possible things to say about women as a whole, to shame them and put their most revolting behaviors on public display can be a cope independently of the context or what exactly you are saying about them. Hurting them back in any way can be a cope to escape your feeling of hopelessness and powerlessness and get rid of some of the bitterness you might be accumulating inside your heart.

For some people the idea that the world is ending tomorrow iwould be stressing them out to the point of breaking their mind.
For others, it would free them of their worries and give them a euphoric high as they finally can let go and do what they want without consequences.
With such a large varitation in how people react and think about things, pretty much anything can be cope
Fair points. Yeah I guess the dogpill was a bad example. But I think we’re in agreement that people use the word cope in circumstances where it doesn’t work, right? Or are you saying the word cope is essentially meaningless and can be interpreted however anyone likes?

Dogpill is cope

Not believing in dogpill is cope

Fair points. Yeah I guess the dogpill was a bad example. But I think we’re in agreement that people use the word cope in circumstances where it doesn’t work, right? Or are you saying the word cope is essentially meaningless and can be interpreted however anyone likes?
think it's used the same way "fk off" or "ok graycel" is.
the word is meaningful, it's just hard to know whom it applies to in what situation if you don't know others on a personal level and it's also impossible to prove that you are in fact not coping with w/e you are saying, so it's good to get a rise out of people.a fterwards you can watch them typing 10 paragraph essays to answer your one word response.
though I shouldn't say that, I'm far more likely to be on the 10 paragraph side of that interaction

The literal definition of cope isn't used in this community that much

You can apply it to almost everything in reality, you just need to come up with a statement of why the person wants to believe the statement he made

The literal definition of cope isn't used in this community that much
I mean cope in the way it’s listed in the incel wiki. Our most commonly accepted meaning. Not the one from the Webster or Oxford Dictionary jfl

You can apply it to almost everything in reality, you just need to come up with a statement of why the person wants to believe the statement he made
And in most cases when you do that it is obviously incorrect

I mean cope in the way it’s listed in the incel wiki. Our most commonly accepted meaning. Not the one from the Webster or Oxford Dictionary jfl

ITV explains it well, luckily there is a reupload