Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story A fun little anecdote about womens' complete lack of awareness of how hard non-chad men have it.

Retraux

Retraux

Greycel
This story is from some years ago when I was 18 or so, I was already getting blackpilled and posted /r9k/ during that period but witnessing what I did first hand was brutal and helped me finally accept the ugly reality.

Anyway, I was staying at my aunt and uncle's house relatively near where I live and my cousin and one of her friends stopped by for a day and they took me along to hang out with them. The friend here, a recent college graduate was trying getting into dating/hook-up apps, in this case Bumble. Let me tell you the standards this stacylite had were insane; she was swiping left on a complete chads constantly. The kind of men who mog 99% of men utterly; we're talking tall and fit, lawyers and doctors with chad-lite, or above, faces great profile pics; the type of men that actually benefit from these apps. She would nitpick over the slightest "flaw" she could find like the breed of dog in the obligatory dog photos, the pettiest aspect of their fashion or hairstyle, hobby he showcased in his photos, you name it, and despite how ridiculous her reasons for swiping left were she had no issue matching and messaging quality men who somehow got by her incomprehensible standards. She, of course, would also swipe left for the usual reasons: height, mid or ugly face, bad photos, the usual.

At this point this sounds like a anecdote confirming the truth of dating app dynamics, but this is where we get to the relevant part. After she got bored with the app she turns to me and asks why I don't try finding girls using Bumble, and I respond honestly by saying I don't think I'm good enough to do well with those apps, and she responds with usual delusional virtue signalling, patronizing: "What? Of course you would", "you're cute [the dreaded 'cute' "compliment"], it'll go well" meanwhile she was rejecting men for the same conspicuous traits I have. The sheer lack of awareness it takes to not be able to connect the dots and realize she was an example of why these apps are unworkable for men like me nearly gave me an aneurysm. Being a sperg my only response to this in the end was a mild feigned chuckling.

Last edited: