Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal 1st impressions & the backfire effect...

Emba

Emba

Jarjar Sphinx
★★★★★
1st impressions & the backfire effect...
(written by Emba Rodgers)

look at my insanely spitting maniacally smiling face! (avi) then, scroll down...

nigger

"A backfire effect is when people report believing even more in misinformation after they have seen an evidence-based correction aiming to rectify it."
&
"when people encounter evidence that should cause them to doubt their beliefs, they often reject this evidence, and strengthen their support for their original stance. This occurs due to a cognitive bias known as the backfire effect."
&
"You may have heard of something called the “backfire effect”—the idea that, when a claim aligns with someone’s ideological beliefs, telling them that it’s wrong will actually make them believe it (the false thing) even more strongly."
&
"“backfire effect” to describe the way that even given evidence against their beliefs, people maintain their beliefs, actually becoming even more strongly convinced of said beliefs."
&
"The backfire effect: when “corrections actually increase misperceptions.”"

basically, once folks believe something, it's harder - and almost impossible - to change their minds, because they will (often violently) DEFEND their false belief. they will, in fact, double down on it!

and a first impression is much like this... if they see you as shit, they will probably ALWAYS see you as shit.

anything else that you can possibly do - 2nd (plus) impressions - to prove you are not shit, will only "provide evidence" to them that you are indeed shit.

therefore, try to make a strong 1st impression with something so desirable and acceptable, that it carries you along with it. (the puppy effect)

basically, instead of getting put in a "bad" category, try to get put in a different category.... a "good" category, or at least, a less bad one.

this is why clowning is so popular! you'll be seen as a clown instead of a ugly lonely loser! (done that);;

it's like how glasses wearers are perceived as "smart." (as well as genetically weak and dependent on those glasses.) because they originally thought you're weak, no amount of proof of strength will change their opinion!

my normie neighbors wear glasses, sometimes! they walk around most of the time without them. only using them for detail tasks... that explains why they are popular! sure, they wear glasses... but they were 1st seen without them... so the "glasses weak" belief, didn't effect them. they're thought of as "Strong." the first impression stuck.

it's how a ugly old man, married to ugly old woman can still get along after 50 years... they both remember the other as being young and good looking!

it's why a hideously ugly dude will pick a cute avi photo. it's almost subconscious... the desire to be seen as the opposite of what you are.

unfortunately, you don't know where a person will look at a 1st meeting. some check shoes. others clothing style. others face. or height... or weight...

if you are let's say, really fat. then wearing clown (or fancy) clothing will put you into a different category, than being just "the fat" guy.

what I'm saying is, whatever you show anyone during the first meeting gets remembered. it's memorable. but what exactly to show? and how?

perhaps I'm lucky to have such a bad memory from all my mercury teeth? it takes a lot of "1st meetings" just for me to remember a name! (while the normie has the benefit of full access to all our meetings. and therefore is ahead of me);;; but most normies are just too gdmf bland, for me to GAF. So I'm a bit immune to this effect.

I once read in a detective book... (when talking about disguises) "get quickly put in a category and then you can be invisible." (like a janitor, bum etc...) urbex guys, and IRL hackers, do this all the time.

its how abusive psychopaths maintain relationships. their victims only remember "the really nice guy" that they first met... (they believed the 1st impression.)

anyway, it's a weird effect that pretty much controls the thoughts of the masses! it's why folks are so stupid. they'll even violently maintain it!

some folks say this is a "design flaw" from the creator, and others say its deliberate (mind) programming effect. I'm inclined to think it's a animal type survival trait and a way to save time and energy.

"you see a fire, and since you know fire hurts, you run away from it." or, you see a fruit that "looks bad" so, you don't eat it and die.

the 1st impressionpill is a bitter one.

Last edited:
When Obama was in office, people thought race relations were improved, contrary to all evidence

When Obama was in office, people thought race relations were improved, contrary to all evidence
He was tougher than trump! Remember that mexi elion Gonzalez kid he deported out of the hands of his relatives?